This video presents 4 different parameters to consider when trying to predict where the bees are foraging. Learn what really attracts bees and find out which flower will finally get their attention and be pollinated by them.
So, other then the usual criterium which are the botanical origin of the plant, its quantity (yes, bees like to go in places where there are many flowers, they really go for abundance), its proximity, it ability to produce flowers, nectar and pollen steadily year after year and the specific nutritional value of its pollen and nectar what else should we consider to be able to find out where the bees are foraging?
In this video, I'm outlining 4 parameters that you should know if you intend to either plan a permaculture design for your bees or simply want to identify the plant origin that have been used by your bees to make their honey and pollen without having to send in your honey for analysis.
Of course one should consider harvesting some pollen from the beehives, simply seeing everyday the pollen they collect gives lots of information! Not always easy to identify, but it definitely is a bonus. I will let you discover those 4 parameters in the video.
Thanks for watching!!! Please like, share, comment and most of all subscribe to my channel activating the notification bell so that you will know when I will publish my next apitherapy video. If you have specific apitherapy topics that you would like me to present, simply ask in the comments below the video, I'm answering all comments and I will take your wish into consideration.
This video presents a practical approach on the use of medicinal and bee plants to support the health situation of beeyards as well as enhancing the quality of bee products.
I start the video by describing the two main directions a beekeeper as to choose from.
The first one aims at filling a need for pollination that comes usually from the mainstream agri-industry that often uses huge monoculture fields and pesticides.
The second one aims at filling a growing need for high quality bee products that is ultimately being known more and more as apitherapy. Of course, there are many in between including diverse levels of work quality on both ends, but it gives a really good idea on the perspectives faced by beekeepers.
Of course, the second option is my favorite from far! When you really ponder on this option, you realize that you have to find high quality foraging area for your bees. Wherever they are located, there will always be a period of time where the abundance of food for them will grow thin.
How can we help them during this period of slow food? With Dr Jessy Loranger and Dr Hannah Loranger, both specialized plant ecology and permaculture, we developed a permaculture design system that answers that question. It is tremendous work, since you need to face many different aspects in order to establish such a design: Knowing the environment where your bees live not only in terms of food source for the bees, but also in terms of soil, water (irrigation), sunlight and so on for the potential plants you will facilitate. Knowing the nectar, pollen and propolis production of the plants that suits those conditions.
This sounds simple, but it is really tricky to find out, especially since many plants will adapt their nectar flow to their growing conditions! What plant is really optimal??? Knowing the easiest method to get as many of the selected plants to grow as massively as possible and finding the cheapest and fastest way to make this happen. Plus many other points that you can hardly imagine if you never reflected on such a project.
I showcase one plant during the video: Thyme. I let you discover why during the video yourself!
Enjoy watching! Don’t forget to like, comment, share and most importantly, subscribe to my channel activating the notification bell so that you will be warned once I publish my next apitherapy video. If you want to contact me, don’t forget that all links are shown at the beginning of this description.
This video is purely made to inspire us and allow our understanding and love of the bees to grow. It aims to show how our chakras are somehow connected to the beehive.
I start the video by explaining how I came to build a small wooden cabin for bees. Actually, the first goal of this cabin is to allow my wife and I to benefit easily from the beehive air. You might have heard about beehive air therapy, it is a practice that is fairly new and on which there is very little research made. That being said, I was definitely curious to try it out myself.
As I was building this nice little cabin, I came to realize that it was getting very beautiful! My wife and I even started to call it our little bees temple. The ambiance in it is so good that we even started to meditate in it. This is how the story between beehives and chakras actually started, in a meditation in this beautiful cabin.
I let you discover how all this happen and how meaningful it is by watching the video. Please like, comment, share and subscribe to my channel activating the notification bell to know when I will post my next apitherapy video!
What bee product will bring you the best nutritional value? From far, fresh bee pollen is the best bee product you could use to enhance your diet.
After my previous video, some of you asked for a way to tune with this amazing way of eating the bees have. The answer is fairly simple. By switching part of your diet to fresh bee pollen, you start walking on the same path as they do. That being said, there are a few things one should get familiar with before adding fresh bee pollen to its diet.
I'm presenting the four main ones in this video. If you take it seriously, you should be able to deal with each one of those points and fully benefit from the wonderful nutritional value of fresh bee pollen. Here are those 4 factors:
- the notion of taste
- the potential for bee pollen allergy
- the potential for digestive system discomfort
- the triple fold notion of diet change that concerns emotional, mental "belief" and physical "digestive" habits
Once you are well aware of all those points and that you feel comfortable dealing with them, the usual question that pops up in our mind is the following: "Is it ethically good to get part the bees pollen harvest?" In the video, I'm presenting to you how I came to the conclusion that yes, it is good to do it for both us and the bees.
Now, don't think you already know everything about bee pollen! There is much much more to learn. I will be making other videos with more contents outlining for exemple the properties of bee pollen, best recipes and ways to eat fresh pollen, the criteria that allows you to choose a high quality bee pollen, etc... Don't forget to like, share, comment and subscribe activating the notification bell in order to know when I will launch my next apitherapy video.
This is my first video on my new "Happy-Culture Apitherapy" youtube channel! I'm presenting an advanced perspective of nutrition that bees are constantly teaching us. All we have to do is observe how they do and figure it out! This video is meant as an inspiring introduction to the more practical apitherapy videos that will come up soon.
There are 3 mains points regarding the special way bees are feeding:
- First, they live in a world of poetry! They really do! Since they feed only on flowers, as soon as they fly out the beehive, the only thing they have in mind is "flowers". Flowers are so pretty, beautifully coloured, their perfume seems to be the origin of perfume itself, flowers are simple wonderful! Think about it for a few minutes: you fly from flower to flower, tracing your food from those paradise-like features... isn't this poetry applied to feeding?
- The second point is about the peaceful nature of bees. There is only one exception, starving condition brings bees to be more agressive to protect their food source... this is what made killer bees and africanized bees so feared. Other then under high food scarcity circumstances, bees are absolutely peaceful and that shows even in their feeding behaviour. Yes, they actually eat without damaging any living being, they won't even destroy a single leaf! That is because they aim for one of the most subtil part of a plant, its flower. Then, they don't even eat the flower itself, but they go for the nectar and pollen that have been prepared specifically for them! Nothing damage!
- The final point is the most amazing one! Now, everyone has this image of nutrition: we have to eat and absorb a certain form of life or at least part of a life form in order to sustain ourselves and gain the energy, the food material to remain active and keep up with our life. Well, the bees reversed this equation. When bees are feeding on a plant, harvesting pollen and nectar, they are actually pollinating that same plant, that very flower. While they do this, they don't deplete it at all, rather, they multiply the flower, the plant by pollinating it! After pollination, the flower will be able to grow into some kind of fruit containing the seeds to spread itself and multiply! So the bees, instead of depleting a form of life while feeding, they actually increase the life potential of the plant it is feeding on drastically! For some plant species, it is actually necessary to be pollinated by bees!
Now, you know 3 points that makes bees a true exemple in terms of advanced nutrition!!! Of course, there are more points like the ones mentioning the high nutritional value of pollen and honey, but that is for another time. This video is simply to inspire all of us to learn even more about bees! Thank you for watching! Don't forget to like, share, comment and subscribe and activate the notification bell! See you next time for another bee/apitherapy video!
Propolis Capsules 5pk Regular
Propolis Capsules 5pk Organic
Propolis Diffuser "Propolair A2"
Propolis Diffuser "Propolair Car"
Propolis Diffuser Model "A1"
Apicocktail Original Formula - 450 g